- USATF-certified (IL-19004NM and CARA-certified (CARA19018).
CARA Runner's Choice Circuit
- 4-miler is primarily flat with the exception of three hills.
- Top three Overall males and females will be determined by gun time. Age-group results will be determined by chip time.
- Course includes three water stops near the 1.5, 2.5 and 3.4 mile points. Water will be available at the start and finish.
- There will be markers and clocks at each mile.
- Gear check will be available (not responsible for lost items).
- The race will be run rain or shine, but if there is lightning, it will be delayed or possibly canceled. If there is dangerous weather, you will be instructed what to do and where to take cover.
- There will be no refunds of entry fees.
- There is no cut-off time for finishers.
This is a runner's race.
No participant bicycles, in-line skates, roller skates, scooters, strollers, other wheeled vehicles or pets are allowed on the course. North end of event will be cleared at 8:20 a.m.
Separate awards to the top three overall finishers.
Male/Female age group awards (3 deep):
0-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94 and 95-99.
This race was selected to be part of CARA's 2019 competitive circuit of races, named the RUNNERS' CHOICE CIRCUIT. CARA members can compete on this Circuit for year-end Overall, Age Group, Clydesdale/Athena (weight) and Club awards.
This race is a CARA CERTIFIED RACE. It has committed to following the CARA Best Practices Guidelines, a high set of standards for quality, safe and operationally sound races.
Due to CARA's advocacy efforts, runners in the Chicagoland area enjoy some of the highest quality road races in the country. To view the Guidelines and to learn more about CARA, visit www.cararuns.org.
The Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) is a non-profit organization devoted to expanding, motivating, supporting and celebrating the running community of Chicagoland. CARA connects runners to resources that enable them to run – farther, faster, better, for life.